Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
[Released] X-Unison 2.27.57_rev_1_test_1

Author Post
pir
Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 10:49

Registered Member #2110

Please find hereafter the first test release version of X-Unison (Unison home page)

Second TEST Version (6.980.705 Byte/6,7 Mo)
http://zhutuzi.free.fr/files/X-Unison_2.27.57_rev_1_test_2.zip

Some Portalisation notes
- Unison preferences files are found according to UNISON environment variable (You can also use the HOME environment variable but I personally prefer to keep it pointing to my Documents folder).

- Unison preferences files are to be adapted to reflect the current winpenpack drive letter. I use for that a custom AutoIt udf that perform this task (you can find it in the src folder). I personally don't encourage you as using the existing FixDriveLetter directive from X-launcher 1.4 as it might break you preference file: X-launcher function does replace all drive letter so that it will certainly also alter other root directive in your preference files.

- Unison log file is created by default in the HOME directory. I have use the "-logfiles" directive to save it in the User\Unison folder to keep it separated from my Documents. This of course can be adapted to your personnal preference.

- Unison relies on GTK library. GTK library is refer to by adding to the PATH the GTK/bin location
I also perform a copy of GTK/etc content to User/gtk in order to keep the gtk configuration centralized and potentially share it with other GTK apps.

[Edited 2010.01.29]
Second test release according to Danix comments (see bellow)

[ Edited Sat 06 Feb 2010 - 12:17 ]
Website
Danix
Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 12:51

Registered Member #1
Hello pir,

- Unison log file is created by default in the HOME directory. I have use the "-logfiles" directive to save it in the User\Unison folder to keep it separated from my Documents. This of course can be adapted to your personnal preference.

I think it is better to change it to:

Parameters=-logfile "$Home$\$AppName$\unison.log"

Otherwise, in paths with spaces an error is shown:

I'd like to ask you about this part:

FixDriveLetter=%UNISON%\Portable_EDF.prf
FixDriveLetter=%UNISON%\Zhendows.prf

What are these files (Portable_EDF.prf and Zhendows.prf)?

- Unison relies on GTK library. GTK library is refer to by:
. adding to the PATH the GTK/bin location
. modifying GTK_EXE_PREFIX (and DATA_PREFIX) to GTK/ directory

I changed the GTK code with:

; GTK library location
PATH=$Lib$\GTK\bin

I also perform a copy of GTK/etc content to User/gtk in order to keep the gtk configuration centralized and potentially share it with other GTK apps.

To install a gtk configuration, is not enough to copy the preconfigured files only once?
For example:

;Install GTK configuration files
DirCopy=$Lib$\$AppName$_gtk|$Lib$\GTK\etc|o
DirRemove=$Lib$\$AppName$_gtk
Website
pir
Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 13:23

Registered Member #2110
Hello Danix,

Thanks for your quick feedback

Danix wrote ...

I think it is better to change it to:

Parameters=-logfile "$Home$\$AppName$\unison.log"

Otherwise, in paths with spaces an error is shown:

I update it in the next test relaese

Danix wrote ...

These two files are unison preference files that I use. These files contain directive to tell unison what to synchronize, therefore they usually contain reference to the USB drive letter from which X-Unison is launched. They defintly need to go through FixDriveLetter to be used.
I include them in the ini only for example to show how to fix the drive letter. This INI part shall be adapted to your use to fit your config.

Possibly, it would be better to comment out this part in the default ini ?

An alternative could be to run FixDriveLetter to $Home$\$AppName$\*.prf but at the moment the use of wildcards is not supported by x-udf.au3.

Danix wrote ...

- Unison relies on GTK library. GTK library is refer to by:
. adding to the PATH the GTK/bin location
. modifying GTK_EXE_PREFIX (and DATA_PREFIX) to GTK/ directory

I changed the GTK code with:

; GTK library location
PATH=$Lib$\GTK\bin

OK. No problem for me. Just to understand, why not keep %PATH%;$Lib$\GTK\bin and GTK_EXE_PREFIX ?

Danix wrote ...

To install a gtk configuration, is not enough to copy the preconfigured files only once?
For example:

;Install GTK configuration files
DirCopy=$Lib$\$AppName$_gtk|$Lib$\GTK\etc|o
DirRemove=$Lib$\$AppName$_gtk

Yes, you're rigth. The RunAfter entry is of no use.
Website
Danix
Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 14:09

Registered Member #1
Danix wrote ...

These two files are unison preference files that I use. These files contain directive to tell unison what to synchronize, therefore they usually contain reference to the USB drive letter from which X-Unison is launched. They defintly need to go through FixDriveLetter to be used.
I include them in the ini only for example to show how to fix the drive letter. This INI part shall be adapted to your use to fit your config.

Not sure I understand, but the new "_WriteWinPenPackDriveLetterToFile()" and "_NeutralizeWinPenPackDriveLetterInFile()" functions fix all paths of recent folders?
Or they change only the drive letter? Maybe can be usefull if you could post these files (deleting your eventual personal data, for privacy).

OK. No problem for me. Just to understand, why not keep %PATH%;$Lib$\GTK\bin and GTK_EXE_PREFIX ?

Why keep them if not necessary?
At least, for what I've noticed..
Website
pir
Mon 25 Jan 2010 - 11:05

Registered Member #2110
Danix wrote ...

Not sure I understand, but the new "_WriteWinPenPackDriveLetterToFile()" and "_NeutralizeWinPenPackDriveLetterInFile()" functions fix all paths of recent folders?
Or they change only the drive letter? Maybe can be usefull if you could post these files (deleting your eventual personal data, for privacy).

A typical unison preference file is like this one:
label=prf_comp1
root = C:\my_data
root = D:\my_data_on_my_usb_stick
path = dir_1
ignore = Path dir_1/cache

Then it is required to change D: to the actual USB drive letter but leaving C: untouched.

The second difficulty is that I have another preference files to synchronize my USB stick to another computer whose config looks likes this:
label=prf_comp2
root = D:\my_data
root = E:\my_data_on_my_usb_stick

Then if I "fix" the drive letter on the first computer, I break my second profile :
label=prf_comp2

For that reason my idea is to adapt my config files to :
label=prf_comp1
root = %WPPDriveLetter%:\my_data_on_my_usb_stick

and
label=prf_comp2
root = %WPPDriveLetter%:\my_data_on_my_usb_stick

- Let say that the current USB drive is D: in my first computer
- before running the application, _WriteWinPenPackDriveLetterToFile() adapt the files by replacing %WPPDriveLetter% by the actual USB driveletter and in case it finds an occurence in the file that is the USB drive letter (here D:) it preserves it for later use (by puting it between %..%). In my examples, the first file is transformed to :
label=prf_comp1

and the second one to
label=prf_comp2
root = %D%:\my_data

With this approach, the first file is operational, and on the second I preserved the "D:" root which should be left untouched.
- after X-Unison is closed they are put back to their original form by _NeutralizeWinPenPackDriveLetterInFile()

Hope that I'm clear

Danix wrote ...

Why keep them if not necessary?
At least, for what I've noticed..

Done. Upload test 2 as soon as possible. thanks !
Website
Danix
Tue 26 Jan 2010 - 01:44

Registered Member #1
pir wrote ...

Hope that I'm clear

Almost.

But, have you considered that, after this performance (and also this one), you could be included immediately in our development Team?
Website
Taf
Tue 26 Jan 2010 - 08:53

Registered Member #251
@pir

Hi pir, you made a great job!

not only quoting Danix...

Danix wrote ...

But, have you considered that, after this performance (and also this one), you could be included immediately in our development Team?

...would be very grateful and helpful if You decide to became a winPenPack member.

IMHO, You will be really welcome!!
pir
Fri 29 Jan 2010 - 09:50

Registered Member #2110
@Danix and @Taf

Thanks so much for your appraisal
I, of course, be very pleased to help you further.
Is there something special to be done ?

Website
ZioZione
Sat 30 Jan 2010 - 11:51

Registered Member #74
pir wrote ...

@Danix and @Taf

Thanks so much for your appraisal
I, of course, be very pleased to help you further.
Is there something special to be done ?

Hi pir,
nothing different from what you have alreary done: excellent portabilizations...
We would very proud to welcome you in the Team...
Best Regards
ZioZione
Danix
Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 17:30

Registered Member #1
Released X-Unison 2.40.16 [rev2]
Website

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF