Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Disable X-Software backups

Author Post
goyanes
Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 16:51
Registered Member #27103

Hi there.

On the directory winPenPack\Backups\Firefox I have 5 firefox backups. Is there an option so I can set it just to make 1 backup or even none?

Regards,

goyanes
ZioZione
Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:04

Registered Member #74
Hi goyanes,
goyanes wrote ...

Hi there.

On the directory winPenPack\Backups\Firefox I have 5 firefox backups. Is there an option so I can set it just to make 1 backup or even none?

Regards,

goyanes

these backups contain both passwords and bookmarks. We suggest to maintain them for many reasons, first of all the reason that a backup can be always very useful .
If you are absolutely sure that you don't want them anymore, you can edit the X-Firefox.ini file. Search the row ";(passwords and bookmarks backup)"; under it you will find all the commands that perform the backups. If you want just 1 backup you can comment (i.e. prefix the row with a ";" character) the 4 rows starting with "DirCopy"; if you don't want any backup, you can comment ALSO the 3 rows starting with "FileCopy".
Then you can delete all the folders under winPenPack\Backups\Firefox.
But I suggest again to preserve your backups. Nobody knows when, but they will be surely very useful!
Best Regards
ZioZione
goyanes
Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 18:14
Registered Member #27103
Hi there.
Many thanks.
I have the winpenpack directory and sub-directory's always synchronized between 2 computers but just in case I will allow one backup.

Regards,

goyanes

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF