Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Problem with file association in X-Cafe

Author Post
dropper
Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 14:59

Registered Member #39636

I have integrated the program X-Cafe into winPenPack Launcher 1.4.1.190.
Afterwards I have installed the native portable program PDF-XChange Viewer.

According to the instructions under Nr. 10 of the X-Cafe documentation I have tried to change the file association for the PDF format. The former entry was: .. \ SumatraPDF \ SumatraPDF.exe
After my change was the new entry: .. \ PDF-XChange Viewer \ PDFXCview.exe

After the close and restart of the launcher, however, was the change in X-Cafe reversed and the old entry (.. \ SumatraPDF \ SumatraPDF.exe) reappeared.

What is the cause of this problem and how can I fix it?
dropper
Sat 04 Jun 2011 - 21:53

Registered Member #39636
In the meantime I could solve my problem myself, which I have described in the original post. However, it is now a new problem surfaced. After I started to open the winPenPack Launcher, a PDF document should be opened by double clicking with the program PDF-Xchange Viewer. Unfortunately, at the first double click (immediately after a new boot of the computer) the program Adobe Reader X started. After I closed the Adobe Reader X, the second double click started the program PDF-XChange Viewer.

How can this error resolved, so that the program PDF-XChange Viewer is used at the first double click?

[ Edited Sun 05 Jun 2011 - 10:32 ]

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF