Main menu

Search
Login
Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Impossibility to change the language permanently in X-Notepad++ 5.9.5 [rev12 aspell]

Author Post
dropper
Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 13:45

Registered Member #39636

I've tried to change in X-Notepad++ 5.9.5 [rev12 aspell] the language from English to German. To this end I started X-Notepad++ and went to Settings -> Preferences..., where I changed the language from English to Deutsch in the tab "General" in the section "Localization". Then it worked flawlessly. But when I finished the program X-Notepad++ and I started it again, the English language was set. Afterwards I would like to show 2 different ways how this problem can be eliminated.

1. Use of X-Notepad++ as a standalone program

After downloading the file "X-Notepad + + _5.9.5_rev12.zip" I unpacked this file into a folder and call this folder exemplary "X-Notepad++" (path: X:\X-Notepad++). Then I copy the file X:\X-Notepad++\English_users\X-Notepad++.ini and paste it into the directory X:\X-Notepad++ (overwriting the existing file "X-Notepad++.ini"). Now I edit the row 45 in the section [Environment] of the file "X-Notepad++.ini" as follows:

Lang=deutsch

2. Use of X-Notepad++ in the winPenPack Net Menu 2.6.64

First the file "X-Notepad++_5.9.5_rev12.zip" will be installed in winPenPack Net Menu. Then I copy the file "X:\wpp_menu_net_2.6.64\winPenPack\XDrive\en\X-Notepad++.ini" and paste it into the directory "X:\wpp_menu_net_2.6.64\winPenPack\XDrive" (overwriting the existing file "X-Notepad++.ini"). Now I open the file "X:\wpp_menu_net_2.6.64\winPenPack\XDrive\X-Notepad++.ini". Afterwards I edit the row 45 in the section [Environment] of the file "X-Notepad++.ini" as follows:

Lang=deutsch

Finally, I would like to express my request, that the winPenPack team fixes this error in future downloads.

[ Edited Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 15:35 ]
Taf
Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 15:31

Registered Member #251
Hi dropper,
I want to tank you for your regular feedback about language settings issues on our portables.
We'll take care of your suggestion for future releases.

thanks for Your help!
ZioZione
Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 22:40

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper,
first, a brief premise: when we decided to distribute X-Software, the first step was to give to the Italian users (then the English users) the immediate availability of a lot of programs in their mother language. This has been obtained hard coding into the .ini files the Italian (or English) language for the preferred user interface language of the X-Programs. Of course, we are well aware that in the world there are a lot of different languages...

We always offered every type of support for variuos localizations, so all your issues are (and will be) welcome, but keep in mind that, in the most of the cases, is enough to comment, in the .ini file, the row(s) regarding the localization language. In the case of X-Notepad++, we are talking about the rows 45 and 46 (the spell checker section can be commented as well, if you have a Deutsch spell checking file, then configure it from within X-Notepad++ itself). This is a general rule that can be followed without too much problems (you can always recover the original .ini file from the archive).

In any case, your wishes may be fulfilled in the future... stay tuned!

Best Regards
ZioZione
dropper
Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 17:46

Registered Member #39636
Hi ZioZione,

Due to your advice regarding the use of a german spell checker file I have searched a little bit after such a file. On the website -Link- I found an appropriate file called "aspell6-de-20030222-1.tar.bz2", which is the german dictionary available for GNU aspell.

My first question is now, if I can use this file as it is and where I must save this file? To that extent I have looked in the file "X-Notepad++.ini" and I found out, that this german dictionary must be saved in "D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\bin" (that is the path on my PC). Is this assumption correct? And can I use this file as it is or must I alter something?

You also have mentioned that I can configure within X-Notepad++. Is it correct if I make it as follows: Plugins -> Spell Checker -> Spell Checker... ? In the new opened window called "Spell-Checker" I choose in the field "Language:" the entry "de".

[ Edited Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 17:47 ]
ZioZione
Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 22:04

Registered Member #74
HI dropper,
sorry for late answer, but I am not exactly a Notepad++ expert...
First of all, the version of the dictionary you downloaded is not the right one, because the Aspell plugin included into X-Notepad++ is the rev 0.50. This means that you could download the rev 0.50 dictionaries, and not the rev 0.60.

But STOP! Don't loose time to download it because it causes Notepad++ to crash!

After some searches, I found that the right dictionaries should be downloaded from here -Link- . These are the localized versions of Aspell for Windows. Download this file -Link- , then uncompress with Universal Extractor under a folder of your choice (said C.\temp\Aspell). You need to get the C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\data and C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\dict folders and copy them under D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\ (where you can find the folders with the same names). So, the dictionary files must not be copied under \Aspell\bin.

From this moment on, you can configure the Aspell plugin of X-Notepad++ as you described in your last post. Hope this helps.

Best Regards
ZioZione
dropper
Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 22:51

Registered Member #39636
Hi ZioZione,

THANK YOU for your fundamental instructions, which are clear and comprehensible answers to all my questions . Thereby my problem could be completely solved. I'm really impressed from your unerring knowledge.

I interpreted your next sentence in such a way that I should copy the contents of the folders "data" and "dict".

ZioZione wrote

You need to get the C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\data and C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\dict folders and copy them under D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\ (where you can find the folders with the same names).

[ Edited Wed 26 Oct 2011 - 23:01 ]
ZioZione
Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 10:46

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper,
dropper wrote ...

Hi ZioZione,

THANK YOU for your fundamental instructions, which are clear and comprehensible answers to all my questions . Thereby my problem could be completely solved. I'm really impressed from your unerring knowledge.

you are welcome! but you are "a little" exagerate: "unerring" is a word that does not represent me at all
Indeed, I should thank you, because with your questions you give me the opportunity to explain also in english some fundamental concepts of winPenPack, that remain available also for not Italian people.
dropper wrote ...

I interpreted your next sentence in such a way that I should copy the contents of the folders "data" and "dict".

ZioZione wrote

You need to get the C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\data and C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\dict folders and copy them under D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\ (where you can find the folders with the same names).

Yes, this is exact. Maybe I should write it (hopefully) better:

Under C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\ you can find two folders: "data" and "dict". You can note that also under D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\ such folders exist. So you can copy (or move) the folders C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\data and C:\temp\Aspell\TmpInstall\dict into D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Lib\Aspell\ folder, copying the right files under the right folders.

Best Regards
ZioZione

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF