Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Meaning of the settings in the file xnview.ini

Author Post
dropper
Tue 05 Jun 2012 - 20:27

Registered Member #39636

On the download page XnView is described the necessity of creation of a xnview.ini file in the program folder before the first run of xnview.exe. The xnview.ini file should contain the following settings:

[Cache]
SavingMode=1

[Start]
ParamsSavingMode=1
SavingMode=1

Can someone explain me the meaning of these settings?
ZioZione
Thu 07 Jun 2012 - 14:40

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper
dropper wrote ...

On the download page XnView is described the necessity of creation of a xnview.ini file in the program folder before the first run of xnview.exe. The xnview.ini file should contain the following settings:

[Cache]
SavingMode=1

[Start]
ParamsSavingMode=1
SavingMode=1

Can someone explain me the meaning of these settings?

SavingMode=1 (both into [Cache] and [Start] section) should disable the cache. This should improve performances when running XnView from USB pendrive.
ParamsSavingMode=1 means that XNView saves its settings into XnView folder (versus ParamsSavingMode=0, that saves into user folder, and ParamsSavingMode=2, that saves into Windows folder).
All these settings are necessary for allowing XnView to run in a portable manner.
If you need additional informations, please refer to XnView forum, as we have done.
Hope this helps!
Best Regards
ZioZione
dropper
Thu 07 Jun 2012 - 15:12

Registered Member #39636
As always many thanks for the thorough answers and the remarks on the use of the XnView forum.

At this point I want not forget to mention, that I also participate in other forums. But the quality of the winPenPack forum is with clear distance the highest
ZioZione
Thu 07 Jun 2012 - 20:46

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper,
we do all the best for give always exhaustive answers, and we are happy when this objective is reached...
Thank you very much! As always, you are welcome!
Best Regards
ZioZione

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF