Update of X-Software

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
dropper
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 13:57

Registered Member #39636
Hi ZioZione,

Thank you for all this useful information

As stated many times before in the past have these conclusive arguments very impressed and convinced me.

[ Edited Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 13:57 ]
dropper
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 14:27

Registered Member #39636
ZioZione wrote ...

Please keep in mind that in some cases a new release of an X-Program fixes some portatilization errors contained in the previous version, so overwrite indiscriminately the new .ini file with the old one is never a good idea.
The only solution is to re-apply at the new .ini file the personalizations performed onto the old .ini file, of course if these options are still present on the new .ini file, and if these personalizations are not in conflict with the corrections applied in the new .ini file.

But there remain one question for me? How will these problems solved, when a X-Software is installed in the winPenPack Net menu? Until now I have installed a new version of a X-Software as usual about the button "Install Software..." within the configuration menu. Accordingly, I have not made any modifications to the file X-ProgramName.ini.

[ Edited Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 14:29 ]
ZioZione
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 14:47

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper,
dropper wrote ...

ZioZione wrote ...

Please keep in mind that in some cases a new release of an X-Program fixes some portatilization errors contained in the previous version, so overwrite indiscriminately the new .ini file with the old one is never a good idea.
The only solution is to re-apply at the new .ini file the personalizations performed onto the old .ini file, of course if these options are still present on the new .ini file, and if these personalizations are not in conflict with the corrections applied in the new .ini file.

But there remain one question for me? How will these problems solved, when a X-Software is installed in the winPenPack Net menu? Until now I have installed a new version of a X-Software as usual about the button "Install Software..." within the configuration menu. Accordingly, I have not made any modifications to the file X-ProgramName.ini.

The "Install Software..." command of the wPPNet menu, if applied to a X-Program, substantially performs the same operations you could perform manually for update a X-Program: unzips the X-ProgramName.zip into the wPP folders structure; \User is not overwritten (because that folder is empty into the .zip file) and X-ProgramName.ini file is overwritten. If you don't modify the X-ProgramName.ini file, you don't have to worry about any update.
Best Regards
ZioZione
dropper
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 15:06

Registered Member #39636
Hi ZioZione,

Unfortunately I haven't expressed me clear enough. Excuse me. In analogy to the case of a standalone version I meant, that I also can perform some modifications on the file X-ProgramName.ini, when the appropriate X-Software is installed within the winPenPack Net menu. But surely I must perform in such a case the same steps, as you have explained for the case of the standalone version of a X-Software:

ZioZione wrote ...

dropper
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 15:24

Registered Member #39636
I have deleted my last post here, because my thoughts wasn't correctly.

[ Edited Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 15:32 ]
ZioZione
Sun 03 Mar 2013 - 15:52

Registered Member #74
Hi dropper,
dropper wrote ...

Hi ZioZione,

Unfortunately I haven't expressed me clear enough. Excuse me. In analogy to the case of a standalone version I meant, that I also can perform some modifications on the file X-ProgramName.ini, when the appropriate X-Software is installed within the winPenPack Net menu. But surely I must perform in such a case the same steps, as you have explained for the case of the standalone version of a X-Software:

ZioZione wrote ...

Yes, you are right.
Best Regards
ZioZione

Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF