Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Opera Virus

Autore Messaggio
jallaj
dom 13 apr 2008 - 22:29
Utente registrato #8443
Registrato il: lun 28 gen 2008 - 00:58

OperaUSB 9.27 contains the Trojan.QQPass-737 virus. I have sent a message to the developer but no reply so far. OperaPortable does not have any virus problems but loads and exits very slowly. Too slowly for me.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 14 apr 2008 - 08:41

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi jallaj, welcome to our forum!
Thank you for your suggestion. Surely the author will check it as soon as possible.
Please note that, sometimes, portable softwares appear as "false positives". This is done, mainly, by the fact that they are compressed with UPX (for having a smaller footprint on pendrive).
If you want, you can give a try also to X-Opera -Link- .
Please, remember that Opera is not portable! If you want to transform it to X-Opera, you have to download also the launcher -Link- and follow these instructions (I translate below...)

Usage:
* Install Opera on hard disk.
* Copy installation folder ("C:\Program Files\Opera") into "X-Opera_launcher_1.1_revX\Bin" folder
* Execute X-Opera.exe

Please let me know if I guessed about OperaUSB...
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
jallaj
lun 14 apr 2008 - 09:12
Utente registrato #8443
The virus is in operausb.exe and shows up in the zipped and unzipped file. False positive or not it is found and quarantined by Clamwin and renamed by Moon Secure so cannot be used. Clamwin in all it's incarnations kills the program and I don't think it's a false positive. I think a virus in much used software is a serious thing but the developer's response is a flat statement that there is no virus with no indication of any other interest. That's wrong. Thank you kindly for the X-Opera lead. I'll look into it.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 14 apr 2008 - 09:53

Utente registrato #74
Hi jallaj,
I surely agree with you about wrongness of distributing viruses through apparently "safe" executables, but I also think that this policy would be absolutely dangerous also for the author, that will loose any trustworthiness. That's why I supposed about "false positive" possibility...
But, for being absolutely sure, I will try to download myself OperaUSB and check if my assumption about UPX is correct. Please stay tuned!
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
jallaj
lun 14 apr 2008 - 10:30
Utente registrato #8443
ZioZione -

Your suggestion about X-Opera is wonderful. Thanks very much. Any thoughts on how to get it to communicate with aspell next door from Notepad++ ? Anyhow, I understand your point about a false positive but Clamwin from winPenPack makes OperaUsb unusable so something has to change.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 14 apr 2008 - 10:52

Utente registrato #74
Hi jallaj,
I don't think to be the right person for answering, because, unfortunately, I don't use Opera at all (both non-portable or portable version...) .
But did you already tried this one -Link- ?
It is a particular release of Notepad++ integrated with Aspell. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea on how to integrate with Opera (maybe, pointing to X-Notepad++ as an external program? Sorry for my ignorance...)
Anyway, hope it helps...
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
dom 11 mag 2008 - 00:37

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
jallaj ha scritto ...

Any thoughts on how to get it to communicate with aspell next door from Notepad++ ?

Please, copy GNU Aspell to X-Opera\Lib folder.
If you want, you can copy Notepad++\Lib\Aspell folder to X-Opera\Lib\

Add this code to X-Opera.ini file:

;(GNU aspell support)
[WriteToReg=$Home$\$AppName$\$AppName$_5.reg]
MainKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aspell
@=$Lib$\Aspell|\\"
"Path"=$Lib$\Aspell\bin|\\"

[RunBefore]
RegEdit=$Home$\$AppName$\$AppName$_1.reg;$AppName$_2.reg;$AppName$_3.reg;$AppName$_4.reg;$AppName$_5.reg

Warning: this line is already present in X-Opera.ini. You have just to add ;$AppName$_5.reg
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
jlajla
dom 11 mag 2008 - 03:51
Utente registrato #11035
Registrato il: sab 10 mag 2008 - 02:31
The speed of your response to these things is just astounding. I apologize for being thick here but I do not understand just what to do regarding Aspell. I cannot seem to get it to work. I see that the ini is already corrected by you so I am just lost on where to put Aspell. These folders do not exist (Notepad++\Lib\Aspell folder to X-Opera\Lib\) so I have tried every combination of existing folders and tried creating new folders as described and nothing works so I am just dense I guess. A small pointer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
dom 11 mag 2008 - 04:25

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Just download X-Notepad++ (that includes already aspell in wpp structure), then, copy the "Lib" folder that you can find into X-Notepad++ to X-Opera.

P.S. now I have updated X-Opera_launcher_1.1_rev4.zip (adding the Lib\Aspell folder to structure).
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
jlajla
lun 12 mag 2008 - 01:13
Utente registrato #11035
Registrato il: sab 10 mag 2008 - 02:31
It finally dawned on me that you were refering to the structure inside the zipped install file. Works just great. I just spell checked this entry. You should let people know that you have the only functional spell check with portable Opera in the world.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF