Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Opera Spelling Check

Autore Messaggio
justsky
ven 01 ago 2008 - 18:42
Utente registrato #12361
Registrato il: mer 16 lug 2008 - 06:19

I have been looking at Opera and Aspell. I have noticed code about aspell in the Opera ini file and Aspell is installed as part of Notepad++. I have a folder named programs in my My Documents folder and I have installed the winPenPack environment there. Everything works fine except spelling in Opera. The only error message I get says spelling is not available. I would like to use Opera for mail because I am familiar with it but I am a bad speller.
Thank you for any help.
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
ven 01 ago 2008 - 19:06

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Welcome to winPenPack, justsky

You have to copy GNU Aspell to X-Opera\Lib folder (or winPenPack\Lib folder).
If you want, you can copy Notepad++\Lib\Aspell folder to X-Opera\Lib\ respecting winPenPack's structure.
Details: -Link-
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
justsky
ven 01 ago 2008 - 19:42
Utente registrato #12361
Thank you very much for your reply and welcome.

I had looked at the link you sent because I wanted to be sure before bothering you. I have the full winPenPack environment in my ....\My Documents\programs folder with Notepad++ installed and Opera. I installed Opera locally, copied the Opera program folder to winpenPack\bin and the unstalled Opera. Aspell is in place and spelling works in Notepad++ but Opera cannot see it. I have just discovered that Opera themes are not preserved either. Widgets are preseverved and work fine. I have not changed anything in the ini files. Should I be trying to install Opera directly to the bin folder? I didn't do that because uninstalling Opera would be difficult.

Thanks again.
Torna ad inizio pagina
justsky
dom 03 ago 2008 - 00:28
Utente registrato #12361
X-Opera.ini is old. I have tested it with Opera 9.27 and it is ok but when tested with Opera 9.51 it does not function. Themes are not preserved and aspell does not function. I notice that user jlajla brought this to your attention in the beta release in Mag (not sure what month that is). That makes your reply to me about aspell seem strange since you knew it was not going to function. I have extracted Opera with the Universal Extractor for testing but the problems are the same when using a copy from the Program Files\Opera directory. It is my opinion that if you are not going to support an application you should not list it. This is essential with Launchers without applications since the current version of the software is what is available from the primary vendor such as Opera. With your complete applications your can allow older versions until you get time to update them.
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
dom 03 ago 2008 - 10:30

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
For Aspell, change on line 99 of X-Opera.ini (rev4):

[WriteToIni=$ExeDir$\spellcheck.ini]

to:
[WriteToIni=$ExeDir$\defaults\spellcheck.ini]

For themes, change on line 106 of X-Opera.ini:

[StringReplace=$ExeDir$\profile\opera6.ini]
Button Set|\skin==$ExeDir$
Toolbar Configuration|profile==$ExeDir$\

to:
[StringReplace=$ExeDir$\profile\opera6.ini]
Button Set|\Opera\==$Bin$
Toolbar Configuration|\profile==$ExeDir$

It is my opinion that if you are not going to support an application you should not list it. This is essential with Launchers without applications since the current version of the software is what is available from the primary vendor such as Opera. With your complete applications your can allow older versions until you get time to update them.

We have hundreds of software in our database and assure support for all programs, but it is possible that there is some bugs, as in this case, because we are human. But, when a user indicates a bug, we try to resolve it. Then, please, let me know if you have found other bugs, so we can make available to the winPenPack community the new launcher for Opera.

[ Modificato dom 03 ago 2008 - 11:19 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
justsky
dom 03 ago 2008 - 20:19
Utente registrato #12361
Danix, you are very gracious and I apologize if I seemed harsh. I was just trying to be direct about the point that you have 19 items in launchers without programs and those items cannot be allowed to age like the the other programs in your database. When Spybot or MWSnap moves on to a new version your launcher immediately becomes obsolete. I think it is wonderful that you have extended your reach to include these extra programs but they require a little extra attention unfortunately. Thank you again.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF