Autore Messaggio
yedoetro
gio 12 dic 2013 - 22:24

Utente registrato #41699
Registrato il: gio 12 dic 2013 - 18:06

Software name: X-uGet
Link winPenPack: -Link-
Bug or NOT portability motivation:

X-uGet was getting normal usage through Firefox Flashgot feeding it with command line switches to pass urls, cookies, and other info for downloading via custom download manager and leading it to the X-uGet launcher.

then one time i launched it manually it i was surprised to find out that it reverted itself to default. all my settings and customization gone. so i checked its folder under [user], and for some reason it had folders you'd usually find under Documents and Settings in windows. this happened a few days ago so i can't say which folders exactly as i didn't think much of it and simply went ahead to try to fix it on my own.

the weird thing though, was that [user]\uGet\.config\uGet was still there, ALL customizations intact. and somehow uGet was unable to read its settings off there.

Software license: GNU Lesser General Public License
Possible fix (optional):

So here's what i did.
I personally fixed it by backing up the uGet folder under [user]\uGet\.config\, deleting uGet's folder in [User] and "reinstalling" it via wPP launcher. and then restored the settings folder and launched it via X-uGet. and it's settings were back.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF