is there a way ( did'nt find any ) to

collapse or expand the whole menu ???

any tips ?

Torna ad inizio pagina
tomcat
dom 11 lug 2010 - 18:09

Utente registrato #14168
Registrato il: ven 10 ott 2008 - 11:44
Hi, JCL and welcome to wPP. As far as I know the answer to your question is "no, there isn't a way to expand the whole menu with a single mouse click". This could be a useful feature (but for doing what?) but till now it hasn't been implemented yet. But wait a more detailed answer from the developers team, as I'm only a collaborator for translation from/to English and I lack the tech skill to give you a definite response.

Cheers.
Torna ad inizio pagina
JCL
dom 11 lug 2010 - 21:33

Utente registrato #39110
Registrato il: sab 10 lug 2010 - 12:54
hello tomcat !

thanks for the answer first of all

what for do I ( or someone ) need it ...
especially as a newbe to fallow the way some menus are set up - and where is what - where have I inserted ( and lost ) a special program a.s.o.

by the way - this option ( collapse and expand all ) you will find in most javascript-menus for the same reason - I know thats not a good argument to do something

once you are used to the menu-structure - you probaly will not need those options to much - but until then ... ?

Torna ad inizio pagina
tomcat
lun 12 lug 2010 - 09:40

Utente registrato #14168
Registrato il: ven 10 ott 2008 - 11:44
JCL, Ok I understand your reasons; but if you keep in mind a couple of simple things you surely will encounter less troubles in exploring the wPP menu:

1. The menu entries are usually grouped by use categories, i.e. graphics program, system tools, multimedia (audio/video), Internet and so on. So if you are looking for a browser you don't have to search all the menu, just "browse" to Internet category and run X-Firefox (or the browser of you preference you may have installed)

2. You can view how thew menus are organized and how the programs are distribuited among them by looking at the file "winpenpack.xml", located in the "...\User\winpenpack_launcher" subdirectory

3. You can re-organize the menu structure at you will by simply drag-and-drop programs between categories, by creating/removing categories and so on. In this page you can find a guide about using and customizing the wPP menu

Have fun with wPP (yes, there are games too...)

Tomcat
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF