<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Impossibility to open a picture in X-Paint.NET v3.36 rev4

Vai a pagina       >>  
Autore Messaggio
dropper
lun 26 set 2011 - 21:11

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47

I tried to open an image in *.jpg format in X-Paint.NET v3.36 rev4. Unfortunately this is not possible. Instead the screen freezes. This problem occurred both in the stand-alone installation and the installation within winPenPack menu. The only way to open an image is the method drag and drop. I use the OS Windows XP Home SP3.

Afterwards I created a new sandbox within the program sandboxie. Then I installed X-Paint.NET in this sandbox and it works fine, i. e. I can open a picture.

What must I do, that on my computer (without the sandbox) again with X-Paint.NET images can be opened?

[ Modificato lun 26 set 2011 - 21:45 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 26 set 2011 - 21:45

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi dropper,
on my PC (Windows 7 Home Premium) I am able to edit any type of image with this release of X-Paint.NET.
Probably this issue is something related to your PC, but, as usual, you must provide more informations, i.e. OS version, .NET installed version and maybe the .jpg file you are trying to open
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
lun 26 set 2011 - 22:05

Utente registrato #39636
Here are the neccesary informations:

• I use the OS Windows XP Home SP3

• On my computer the . NET Framework is installed in several versions simultaneously (.NET Framework 1.1, .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1). Can simultaneously installing multiple versions of the . NET Framework be the cause for the above described error?

• I assume, that the .jpg file isn't the cause, because I tried to open multiple .jpg files without any success.

• Strangely I can open .jpg files under using the method "Drag and Drop".

[ Modificato lun 26 set 2011 - 22:12 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 26 set 2011 - 22:22

Utente registrato #74
dropper ha scritto ...

I use the OS Windows XP Home SP3

OK, tomorrow I will do some test with my job PC (Xp Pro SP3)
dropper ha scritto ...

*On my computer the . NET Framework is installed in several versions simultaneously (.NET Framework 1.1, .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1). Can simultaneously installing multiple versions of the . NET Framework be the cause for the above described error?

I don't think that multiple .NET can cause problems. At home I have .NET 3.5 and 4.0, at work almost any .NET version...
dropper ha scritto ...

*I assume, that the .jpg file isn't the cause, because I tried to open multiple .jpg files without any success.

*Strangely I can open .jpg files under using the method "Drag and Drop".[/list]

I will try also these operations tomorrow. In the meantime I searched for such issue, but I don't find any info, so I think again that it could be related with something on your PC. Have you tried to open jpg files with other programs? Did they correctly work? Maybe that also the path where you installed X-Paint.NET could be related with this issue.
Best Regards
ZioZione

[ Modificato lun 26 set 2011 - 22:28 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
lun 26 set 2011 - 22:31

Utente registrato #39636
I found out that in the window "Open" (menu File -> Open in X-Paint.NET) I am not able to open the folder with my user name. Meanwhile, I've found that I was unable to open every picture about the window "Open". Probably there is somewhere an issue on my computer.

[ Modificato lun 26 set 2011 - 22:41 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
mar 27 set 2011 - 00:23

Utente registrato #39636
I also discovered the following value (99 %) in the title of the program X-Paint.NET:

Normally there should be no entry.

Also I can not change the italian language in the standalone version.

[ Modificato mar 27 set 2011 - 00:28 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
mar 27 set 2011 - 09:43

Utente registrato #74
Hi dropper,
I tested X-Paint.NET also on my job PC (Windows XP Pro SP3). It still correctly opens jpg (and all other types) files. Did you tried to use other graphics programs for opening jpg files? Did they work?

The 99% you see in the title bar is simply the zoom factor of the image; when you will be able to let X-Paint.NET to work you will note that resizing the main window, also this percentage vary accordingly.

It is very strange that you cannot change the UI language, mainly because on my job PC (localized in english) it opens directly in english language, also with the X-Paint.NET.ini file predefined for Italian. Anyway, for having an english version of X-Paint.NET you can substitute the X-Paint.NET.ini file with the X-Pain-NET.ini file contained into \English_users folder and see if it runs in English language. As an alternative, from the help menu ("?", the latest item at right) you can select "Lingua", then "English" and restart X-Paint.NET.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
mar 27 set 2011 - 20:24

Utente registrato #39636
Meanwhile I have tested X-Paint.NET on another computer with the OS Windows XP Home. On this computer I was able to open pictures without problems. Consequently it is an incompatibility between my computer and X-Paint.NET, which is the cause of my problem described above. With other image editing programs (for example X-Gimp) I can easily open .jpg files.

However, it is not possible to change the italian languagein the standalone version of X-Paint.NET. I have tried unsuccessfully to change the language using the menu ? -> Lingua -> Deutsch (I come from Germany). In this case a windows opened titled "Confirmation of the selected language", in which I clicked on the button titled " Restart Paint.NET". After clicking on this button should now start the program automatically with the changed language. Unfortunately this was not the case. If I now manually restarted X-Paint.NET, it was again displayed in italian language.

Finally many thanks for your explanation regarding the "99% zoom problem".

[ Modificato mar 27 set 2011 - 20:27 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
mar 27 set 2011 - 20:53

Utente registrato #74
Hi dropper,
dropper ha scritto ...

Meanwhile I have tested X-Paint.NET on another computer with the OS Windows XP Home. On this computer I was able to open pictures without problems. Consequently it is an incompatibility between my computer and X-Paint.NET, which is the cause of my problem described above. With other image editing programs (for example X-Gimp) I can easily open .jpg files.

this seems more a corrupted installation of some of your .NET versions... Maybe in the future, when you will installa some service pack or update, this issue will go away by themself...
dropper ha scritto ...

However, it is not possible to change the italian languagein the standalone version of X-Paint.NET. I have tried unsuccessfully to change the language using the menu ? -> Lingua -> Deutsch (I come from Germany). In this case a windows opened titled "Confirmation of the selected language", in which I clicked on the button titled " Restart Paint.NET". After clicking on this button should now start the program automatically with the changed language. Unfortunately this was not the case. If I now manually restarted X-Paint.NET, it was again displayed in italian language.

This is very strange... maybe you can perform the following steps:
1) unzip X-Paint.NET in another folder, i.e. C:\NewPainNet (so you have a fresh installation)
2) copy the file \English_users\X-Paint.NET.ini into the folder C:\NewPaintNet (overwriting the existing one)
3) rerun X-Paint.NET (now the UI should be in English language) and retry the above procedure to change the language into German.
The \English_users\X-Paint.NET.ini differs from the other .ini file because it not sets explicitly the UI language into Italian, so this could fix the wrong behavior.
An alternative procedure could be to clear the \User folder and use the \English_users\X-Paint.NET.ini, but the result should be the same. Hope this, finally, fixes...
dropper ha scritto ...

Finally many thanks for your explanation regarding the "99% zoom problem".

You are welcome !
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
mar 27 set 2011 - 21:41

Utente registrato #39636
Now the problem is solved with the change of language.

ZioZione wrote ...

2) copy the file \English_users\X-Paint.NET.ini into the folder C:\NewPaintNet (overwriting the existing one)

Your proposal was actually true. Many thanks once again. When I started X-Paint.NET after this replacement, then it is immediately displayed in the system language (in my case in german language). Now it is also possible to change the language.

Your guess is probably also true that one of my installed .NET Frameworks is corrupt. However, I believe I have read that it is not recommended when multiple versions of the NET Framework are installed simultaneously. However, I do not know this exactly and I will research that again.

[ Modificato mar 27 set 2011 - 21:49 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina

Vai a pagina       >>  
Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF