Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Impossibility to change the language permanently in X-KeePass-1 1.21 rev[10]

Autore Messaggio
dropper
mar 18 ott 2011 - 10:15

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47

I've tried to change in the X-KeePass-1 1.21 rev [10] the language from English to German. To this end I started X-KeePass and went to View -> Change Language ... German and selected the language German. Then it worked flawlessly. But when I finished the program X-KeePass and I started it again, the English language was set. How can I solve this language problem?
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
mar 18 ott 2011 - 10:44

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi dropper,
I suppose that you are using the \English_users\X-KeePass-1.ini file, copied into the root folder, and also that you already downloaded the german.lng file fromm KeePass site and copying into \Bin\KeePass-1 folder (sorry for being so pedantic, is not for you, but to give a general method to all other users).
The .ini file is localized in English and uses the KeeLanguage=Standard option. For let it work in German language, you have substantially two ways, both editing X-KeePass-1.ini file:

1) (preferred) comment row 45, i.e. prefix it with a ";" character, as follows

;KeePass|KeeLanguage=Standard

2) edit row 45 as follows

KeePass|KeeLanguage=German

The option (1) is preferred (by me ) because is more general and allows also other languages users to let X-KeePass-1 to be localized in their native language.
Of course, changing the language from within KeePass, it asks to restart. DON'T RESTART, but close and rerun X-KeePass-1.exe.
Please let me know if this fixes your problem.
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
mar 18 ott 2011 - 11:51

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47
Hi ZioZione,

The solution, which you have described, is applied to the case, that I downloaded X-KeePass 1_1.21_rev10.zip and then extracted it into a self-selected folder (eg the folder named "X-KeePass"). In my case I use X-KeePass about the winPenPackNet_Full menu.

Also I have downloaded from the website -Link- the current version of the file "German.lng". Then I have pasted this file "German.lng" in the folder D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\Bin\KeePass-1 (overwriting the existing file "German.lng"). Therefore, I would recommend that in the official version of X-KeePass-1 1.21 rev[10] already this current file "German.lng" is included.

Then I went into the folder D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\XDrive\en and copied the file "X-KeePass-1.ini" and pasted it into the folder D:\wpp_full_4.0-beta2\winPenPack\XDrive (overwriting the existing file "X-KeePass-1.ini"). Then I edited the file "X-KeePass 1.ini" according to your proposed variant 1.

ZioZione wrote ...

1) (preferred) comment row 45, i.e. prefix it with a ";" character, as follows

;KeePass|KeeLanguage=Standard

Now I've started X-KeePass and changed the language from within X-KeePass. It asks to restart and when I do it, X-KeePass started properly in German.

[ Modificato mar 18 ott 2011 - 11:54 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF