Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Usage of the X-Launcher 1.5.1

Autore Messaggio
dropper
mar 04 set 2012 - 12:48

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47

I've tried to make the program RssOwl portable by using the X-Launcher 1.5.1. Here are my ideas:

1. Extraxtion of the file X-Launcher_1.5.1.zip to the folder X-Launcher_1.5.1
  2. Renaming of the file "X-Launcher.exe" into "X-RssOwl-2.exe" and renaming of the file "X-Launcher.ini" into "X-RssOwl-2.ini".
  3. Now I extracted the file X-RSSOwl-2_2.1.4_rev8.zip. Afterwards I went to the file X-RssOwl-2.ini and I copied the content of this file.
  4. I opened the file X-RssOwl-2.ini under No. 2 and overwrite its content with the content of the file X-RssOwl-2.ini under No. 3.
  5. I opened the folder X-Launcher_1.5.1\Bin. I renamed the folder "Software_1" into "rssowl-2".
  6. I opened the folder X-RSSOwl-2_2.1.4_rev8\Bin\rssowl-2 and I copied the complete content of this folder.
  7. Afterwards I opened the folder X-Launcher_1.5.1\Bin\rssowl-2 and pasted the content, which I have copied under No. 6.
  8. I opened the folder X-Launcher_1.5.1\ Lib\Java. Here I create an empty folder named "setup".
  9. Finally I create a zip-file with the complete content of the folder X-Launcher_1.5.1. I name this zip-file X-RSSOwl-2_2.1.4_rev9.zip

Are the above statements correct as far as? If not, please explain me the necessary changes. I would be very thankful if I get further information on this issue.

EDIT: I've expanded the above list with the numbers 6 and 7.

[ Modificato mar 04 set 2012 - 14:10 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
zandet2
mar 04 set 2012 - 14:45

Utente registrato #3184
Registrato il: mar 06 mar 2007 - 11:52
dropper ha scritto ...

Are the above statements correct as far as? If not, please explain me the necessary changes. I would be very thankful if I get further information on this issue.

More simply, you can substitute the existing X-RSSOwl-2.exe with X-Launcher.exe (after renaming it obviously).

In the 1.5.1 release, we do not make changes to structure or ini file, we just improved the code of X-Launcher itself to better manage the update with both java installed and java portable (as you suggest )
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF