X-jEdit - Any Updates

Vai a pagina   <<      
Autore Messaggio
dropper
sab 02 mar 2013 - 14:08

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47
ZioZione wrote ...

In fact you would not need two menus to perform what you said: X-JEdit (as all X-Programs you can find here in our site) can be use also as standalone program, i.e. without having a menu from which executing it. In that case, you must to check by yourself for upgrades ...

Personally I think, that this suggestion is not convincing. Firstly because the manual update of a standalone version of an X-Software is quite a chore, how I have described in my post. In contrast, an update about the winPenPack Net menu is already more convenient. In addition will in case of using the winPenPack Net menu an update already displayed about the Upgrade Manager. But also when updating via the winPenPack Net menu are a few manual steps required. So you must download the appropriate X-Software in a first step. Afterwards you must install this X-Software through the configuration menu option "Install Software". In PA.com menu however, the update process is fully automated, which is obviously much more comfortable and better solved.

ZioZione wrote ...

I don't know how you manage your portable programs (in a folder of your hard disk, with a subfolder for each program, in a pendrive or external hard disk, into the PA menu structure,...), but, for example, in the first case it would be enough to move your standalone copy of X-JEdit into a folder named "X-JEdit" and launch X-JEdit.exe from PA menu (as I think you already do).

Regarding the use of the X-jEdit within the PA.com menu should be noted, that initially the file X-jEdit.zip must be extracted, for example, in the folder X-jEdit. Then you must paste the folder X-jEdit in the folder PortableApps. However, for this manually in the PA.com menu inserted program X-jEdit does not work the automatic update, as I have already mentioned above. Therefore is the usage of a X-Software within the PA.com menu with respect to the point of an update not convenient. And also the change of drive letters will not be observed in such a case.

[ Modificato sab 02 mar 2013 - 14:11 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
sab 02 mar 2013 - 19:01

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi dropper,
dropper ha scritto ...

ZioZione wrote ...

In fact you would not need two menus to perform what you said: X-JEdit (as all X-Programs you can find here in our site) can be use also as standalone program, i.e. without having a menu from which executing it. In that case, you must to check by yourself for upgrades ...

Personally I think, that this suggestion is not convincing. Firstly because the manual update of a standalone version of an X-Software is quite a chore, how I have described in my post. In contrast, an update about the winPenPack Net menu is already more convenient. In addition will in case of using the winPenPack Net menu an update already displayed about the Upgrade Manager. But also when updating via the winPenPack Net menu are a few manual steps required. So you must download the appropriate X-Software in a first step. Afterwards you must install this X-Software through the configuration menu option "Install Software". In PA.com menu however, the update process is fully automated, which is obviously much more comfortable and better solved.

Surely the usage (or upgrade) of an X-Software is better if performed from within winPenPackNet menu, but is not impossible to perform as standalone (have you ever tried? In my computer I have a bunch of X-Software installed as standalone, and I am happy with this). This was my only suggestion: at this point, I give up to convice someone to do anything (included the use of X-Software... should be the quality of our portatilizations to speak for us...).

dropper ha scritto ...

ZioZione wrote ...

I don't know how you manage your portable programs (in a folder of your hard disk, with a subfolder for each program, in a pendrive or external hard disk, into the PA menu structure,...), but, for example, in the first case it would be enough to move your standalone copy of X-JEdit into a folder named "X-JEdit" and launch X-JEdit.exe from PA menu (as I think you already do).

Regarding the use of the X-jEdit within the PA.com menu should be noted, that initially the file X-jEdit.zip must be extracted, for example, in the folder X-jEdit. Then you must paste the folder X-jEdit in the folder PortableApps. However, for this manually in the PA.com menu inserted program X-jEdit does not work the automatic update, as I have already mentioned above. Therefore is the usage of a X-Software within the PA.com menu with respect to the point of an update not convenient. And also the change of drive letters will not be observed in such a case.

The last sentence is wrong (if I have understand what you mean): all X-Software can correctly normalize the paths contained into its configuration files. Also if executed as standalone or from within PA menu. Can you better specifiy what you mean with a concrete example? Maybe is PA menu that cannot change drive letters...
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina

Vai a pagina   <<      
Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF