Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
winPenPack Net menu doesn't start

Autore Messaggio
dropper
dom 10 mar 2013 - 20:33

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47

As usual I tried to start the winPenPack Net menu. First, the typical Splash screen appears. But at this point my PC screen freezes and I can't do anything. I must restart my computer. Have anyone an idea to solve this issue?
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
lun 11 mar 2013 - 20:02

Utente registrato #39636
Due to my own researches I assume meanwhile, that some files in the folder "\winPenPack\User\winpenpack_launcher" are defect. Unfortunately I can't find out, which of of these files are defect and what I must do to solve the issue. I have therefore decided to download a completely new winPenPack Full suite. But I would appreciate it, if someone can give me more background informations regarding the problem, which I have described above.
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
lun 11 mar 2013 - 22:26

Utente registrato #39636
After downloading the latest winPenPack Full v4.2 suite I have extracted it in the folder named "wpp_full_4.2". Now I tried to start the file winPenPackNet.exe and the same problem occurs. After I have performed a double click on the file winPenPackNet.exe, the splash screen appears and that's all. The splash screen no longer disappears and also the winPenPack menu is not opened. And I have no possibilty to remove this splash screen. Accordingly I must reboot my PC.

But I found out, that I can download the winPenPack Net Menù 2.8.67. The appropriate file winPenPackNet.exe of this menu I can execute and the winPenPack menu appears. Accordingly I conclude, that the problem occurs only in connection with the full suite. But what is the reason for that issue?

[ Modificato lun 11 mar 2013 - 22:32 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 11 mar 2013 - 23:01

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi dropper,
I never had such an issue, even when I was debugging the menu...
I dont think that this issue is related to the full suite, but I think that could be related to your own menu configuration files, or in other files that have changed in your PC. I remember that some days ago your menu was working regularly, so it must be happened something in these latest days.
Maybe can help you to compare the configuration of your suite with the just downloaded one.
Also, check if your antivirus, or your firewall (just upgraded?) could in some case hang the winPenPackNet menu, perharps because it triggers some "false positive". For example, my Comodo Suite checks an executable every time it changes its signature (you can imagine how much I had troubles when recompiling and debugging the menu... )
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
dom 17 mar 2013 - 11:35

Utente registrato #39636
ZioZione wrote ...

I dont think that this issue is related to the full suite, but I think that could be related to your own menu configuration files, or in other files that have changed in your PC.

I also assume, that the changes of some files on my PC are the cause for this issue. Because it is to complicate to find these corrupted files, I have decided for another solution. I've restored my system partition with an image. I've created this image with the program "Acronis True Image Home". Now I can again open the winPenPack Net menu.

[ Modificato dom 17 mar 2013 - 11:35 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF