Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Saving of the settings in a file *.dat

Autore Messaggio
dropper
dom 01 set 2013 - 12:37

Utente registrato #39636
Registrato il: mar 15 feb 2011 - 23:47

Assuming that an app saves its settings in a file .dat. Especially may be saved the changes with respect to drive-letters and languages in this file .dat. Because of the difficulties regarding the access to this .dat file, there are now basically 2 options.

1. Removing of the file .dat

Firstly I can remove this file .dat. Afterwards I look, where the app now stores its settings. Now I start the development of a portable version of the app.

2. Access to the file .dat

Under the assumption of a possible access to the file .dat I search for another kind of development of a portable version of the app.

My main problem is now, if here exists a way of the development of a portable version in the case of #2. And if yes, how must I perform the access to this file .dat?

Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
dom 01 set 2013 - 19:34

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Some .dat files (but not all) are not writable by X-Launcher. Are you sure that your is not writable? Can you put it here as an attachment?

P.S.: if you put it as an attachment in this forum you have to compress it (.zip file).
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
dropper
dom 01 set 2013 - 20:43

Utente registrato #39636
In this specific case it is the file "portable.dat", in which the settings of the program PDF-XChange Viewer are stored. Since this is probably a binary file, it's seems probably be unable to access this file. Though this is an exclusively native portable application, I would still have access to this file portable.dat ( because of changes regarding drive-letters and languages).

[ Modificato dom 01 set 2013 - 20:58 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
dropper
lun 02 set 2013 - 12:28

Utente registrato #39636
I will try to explain my problem in more detail. Assuming that the file portable.dat isn't writable by the X-Launcher. Furthermore I've integrated the program PFD-XChange Viewer in the winPenPack Net menu. Now will occur some problems.

Firstly the automatic language switching doesn't work in the winPenPack Net menu. And secondly the change of drive-letters can't be performed after moving to another PC . Also should be mentioned, that stamps are saved in %APPDATA%\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\2.0\Stamps (for your reproduction: Tools>Comment And Markup Tools>Show Stamps Palette>New Collection, then From Image or From PDF).

Due to these issues it's probably the best idea for contacting the publisher with the aim, that the publisher offers a more readable format instead of the currently used proprietary binary format.

[ Modificato lun 02 set 2013 - 12:31 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF