<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Changing X-Launcher icons

Vai a pagina   <<      
Autore Messaggio
sl23
lun 01 feb 2016 - 13:57

Utente registrato #39172
Registrato il: ven 30 lug 2010 - 21:42
I'll test a bit more, but, yes yours worked when I tested yesterday.
Are you saying X-Launcher must be compiled with older versions of AutoIt/SciTe?

I tried cleaning with CCleaner but to no avail!

Thing is, although they're the same X-Launcher.exe name, they're in a different location, which seems to make a difference even with RH.

The code you supplied is different from the download:
Yours:

Mine, from wPP site:

Perhaps this is just the code telling AutoIt how to make the X-Launcher.exe? and therefore isn't important that it differs?
Btw, What are the reasons for the two x-compiler.au3? x-compiler ORIG.au3 and x-compiler PERS.exe, PERS = personal?

Torna ad inizio pagina
Nuvolari
lun 01 feb 2016 - 16:00

Utente registrato #4173
Registrato il: lun 16 apr 2007 - 12:27
Yes, PERS and ORIG are mine where PERS = personal and ORIG simply a backup of the original one, guessing it's identical to x.compiler.au3

About differences I can't explain that, perhaps my stored 1.5.4 is the very first one which have been modified 'later' (but always 1.5.4). Or I took mine from an older version, I cannot remember.

In any case they look very similar ('exe' output and 'production' version just better specified, only difference is compression mode) and both working: I have just successfully tested "from WPP site" code
Torna ad inizio pagina
sl23
gio 04 feb 2016 - 16:28

Utente registrato #39172
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, been preoccupied with other stuff.

I tested your supplied AutoIt again. This time I first tested a compile with your (x-compile ORIG.au3) source, but this gave me error's regarding Java and then after clicking all windows I got an exe without icon again.

Then I tested your AutoIt with a downloaded source and I got no errors and an exe containing the wPP icon. So far so good.

Next, I tried compiling again, but I changed all references to wPP and X-Launcher to the AppName as well as changing the icon in the graphics folder...

SUCCESS!!! Everything worked, now for a quick test to see if this newly created Launcher does the job!

AARRGGHH!! I cut/pasted the launcher to the app folder, icon fine, renamed Launcher to AppName.exe lose icon! Starts app fine though. Rename back to original name, icon appears. In fact, ANY name shows compiled icon except the actual AppName.exe?! Somehow, it seems, windows has cached the icons for exe's.

EDIT: AHA! I did a search for Win10 icon cache and came up with this. Basically Windows 10 has an IconCache.db file in AppData/Local, delete this file to force windows to rebuild the icon cache, problem sorted!!! I hope!

So I assume I cannot use any further updates to AutoIt then due to these errors? I always keep apps up to date, does it matter with AutoIt? Is there a chance of bugs using older versions?

Thanks so much for your help and patience, you've been great

[ Modificato gio 04 feb 2016 - 16:42 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Nuvolari
ven 05 feb 2016 - 08:54

Utente registrato #4173
sl23 ha scritto ...

EDIT: AHA! I did a search for Win10 icon cache and came up with this. Basically Windows 10 has an IconCache.db file in AppData/Local, delete this file to force windows to rebuild the icon cache, problem sorted!!! I hope!
Yeah, this should be the trick, soon or later I will fix it too but I'm quite lazy and all in all my test was very conservative

sl23 ha scritto ...

So I assume I cannot use any further updates to AutoIt then due to these errors? I always keep apps up to date, does it matter with AutoIt? Is there a chance of bugs using older versions?
You may try to upgrade step-by-step, I mean, starting from my version and using a working configuration you may change (1) x.compiler.au3 settings, (2) SciTe inside, then (3) AutoIt, or vice versa starting from the latest AutoIt instead.

sl23 ha scritto ...

Thanks so much for your help and patience, you've been great
It was a pleasure
Torna ad inizio pagina
sl23
ven 05 feb 2016 - 23:23

Utente registrato #39172
So, I could just use RH instead then? Seems a bit overkill using AutoIt just to change icon and text!

Nuvolari ha scritto ...
soon or later I will fix it too
Are you a developer for wPP or X-Launcher by any chance?

[ Modificato sab 06 feb 2016 - 10:28 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Nuvolari
lun 08 feb 2016 - 08:50

Utente registrato #4173
sl23 ha scritto ...

So, I could just use RH instead then? Seems a bit overkill using AutoIt just to change icon and text!
Hmm... I think RH may have some kind of incompatibility with the latest Windows OS, I would overkill!

sl23 ha scritto ...
No, I'm not. I was talking about my IconCache.db which is only 'slightly' bugged
Torna ad inizio pagina
sl23
lun 08 feb 2016 - 18:10

Utente registrato #39172
Nuvolari ha scritto ...

sl23 ha scritto ...

Hmm... I think RH may have some kind of incompatibility with the latest Windows OS, I would overkill!

sl23 ha scritto ...
No, I'm not. I was talking about my IconCache.db which is only 'slightly' bugged

Ah, ok, I'll stick with AutoIt then!

Thanks again for your invaluable help
Torna ad inizio pagina
Nuvolari
mar 09 feb 2016 - 08:03

Utente registrato #4173
sl23 ha scritto ...

Thanks again for your invaluable help

Torna ad inizio pagina

Vai a pagina   <<      
Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60