Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Portable OpenOffice install hassles!

Author Post
KiwiLad
Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 10:39
Registered Member #41733

I'm experiencing endless USB installation problems. The FAQ technical advice (copied below) is too simplistic. After relocating files as advised, the next error message is that various paths specified in the ini file are no longer valid. I don't have the skills to accurately edit this file (do I put $ in path names or not? etc).

Does anyone have a suitable fix?

Many thanks.

"The error at OpenOffice.org (or X-LibreOffice) first run is caused by an installation path too long. OpenOffice.org (portable and/or in original form) seems not to support too long paths, therefore, starting X-OpenOffice.org.exe (or X-LibreOffice.exe), the following error or similar ones could appear:

[images not reproduced here]

To fix the problem, you have to rename the directory that contains X-OpenOffice.org, i.e. X-OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 [rev18], to X-OOo, or move the program to C:\X-OpenOffice.org, and then restart X-OpenOffice.org.exe

The same problem could happen in a winPenPack installation on too long path. Also in this case it must shorten the path or rename the winPenPack installation folder (for example H:\ or C:\winPenPack)."

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF