Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Warning in X-Audacity

Autore Messaggio
alexxl
dom 11 mag 2008 - 03:37
Utente registrato #9431
Registrato il: mar 04 mar 2008 - 23:30

I encountered two related issues, initially reported below.
-Link-
To continue debugging and resolve the issues, I recap it here.

There seems to be issues with this program. After opening and quitting the program several times, the audacity.cfg file shows multiple entries of the same items under GUI (see below). It seems to be added to the configuration file (in "portable settings folder") after quitting the program. This causes the program to complain about multiple entries of SnapTo during re-opening. Commenting out the FileCopy in [RunAfter] section in X-Audacity.ini seems to suppress the warning because the configuration file gets reloaded from the fresh copy from the User folder.

NewPrefsInitialized=1
Version=1.3.5
PrefsVersion=1.1.1r1
SnapTo=0
NewPrefsInitialized=1
Version=1.3.5
PrefsVersion=1.1.1r1
SnapTo=0

The other issue is that the program always ask to choose language during opening and seems not remember the setting and treating it as the first run.

Danix il: 10.05.08 - 05:55 - Commenti: 115
Thank you for testing, but I have not noticed this bug.
Please, can you try to download a new copy of X-Audacity, extract it, launch X-Audacity.exe, choose your preferred language, close the program, move folder on another disk or partition and re-launch X-Audacity? It keeps settings..

alexxl il: 10.05.08 - 11:05 - Commenti: 3
OK, this identifies the problem. If the audacity.cfg file is first created by launching X-Audacity installed within wPP, the following four lines are created under [GUI] section and will be duplicated every time the program is opened and closed. This will cause the warning I mentioned. However, if the audacity.cfg file is created not through wPP but directly by uncompressed X-Audacity, those four lines are outside of (above) [GUI] section, which do not get duplicated.
The simplest remedy seems to be install X-Audacity through wPP and launch it once. Open audacity.cfg (both in "portable settings" and "user" folders) in a text editor and move those four lines above [GUI] section.

NewPrefsInitialized=1
Version=1.3.5
PrefsVersion=1.1.1r1
SnapTo=0

Danix il: 10.05.08 - 11:37 - Commenti: 115
Sorry, but even if I start Audacity from wpp launcher, I can't reproduce the bug. In my audacity.cfg I have in any case:

NewPrefsInitialized=1
Version=1.3.5
PrefsVersion=1.1.1r1
SnapTo=0
[GUI]

alexxl, can you open a new thread in "English support" section of forum, please?

In deed, if you already have those four lines in front of [GUI], then the bug will not show up. To reproduce the bug, you can try to move those four lines under [GUI], which is the case when the audacity.cfg is first created when X-Audacity is installed and run from wPP. For some reason, the next time X-Audacity is opened and closed, those four lines are duplicated under [GUI] section, which causes the warning of "SnapTo=0 is duplicated" the next time the program is run.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF