<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
[Moved] single X-Launcher -> individuel splashscreen

Autore Messaggio
mike.ch
sab 14 nov 2009 - 01:14
Utente registrato #36926
Registrato il: lun 09 nov 2009 - 09:26

Hi

after discovering winpenpack two days ago, I was really excited about this software. I work in banc, where I've no admin-rights for new software. So winpenpeak helps excellent.
I changed (accoding the hint in the manual) all the different X-Launcher to a single on.

Now I have a question:
Is there possibility to show still an individuel splashscreen instead of the generic X-Launcher-Screen.

I live in Switzerland but in the northern part, so I don't speak italian sorry..

regards, Mike
Torna ad inizio pagina
zandet2
sab 14 nov 2009 - 10:38

Utente registrato #3184
Registrato il: mar 06 mar 2007 - 11:52
Hi mike.ch,
welcome

You can use the section [SplashScreen] on the .ini launcher, putting there the (relative) path and the name of your image.

An example:
[SplashScreen]
Image=$Home$\$AppName$\x-splash_development.jpg
Title=
TimeOut=1500

Bye
Torna ad inizio pagina
mike.ch
sab 14 nov 2009 - 11:19
Utente registrato #36926
Registrato il: lun 09 nov 2009 - 09:26
Hi zandet2

thanks for your quick response. So if I want to catch the icon from a specific launcher-application, I've to grab this icon and save it.
Is there already a collecetion of all this icons or a tool which can extract all this icons.

Btw: why have these individuel launcher-applications different size. If I read the docs then the logic of starting 'lies' in the ini-files. The executable does 'only' delivers the programm-code to interpret this and should alwas be the same

regards, Mike
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
sab 14 nov 2009 - 12:06

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
mike.ch ha scritto ...

Hi zandet2

thanks for your quick response. So if I want to catch the icon from a specific launcher-application, I've to grab this icon and save it.
Is there already a collecetion of all this icons or a tool which can extract all this icons.

Btw: why have these individuel launcher-applications different size. If I read the docs then the logic of starting 'lies' in the ini-files. The executable does 'only' delivers the programm-code to interpret this and should alwas be the same

regards, Mike

Hi mike.ch, welcome to our forum!
The main reason of different sizes of launchers is that the compiled file contains also the program icon (that can vary in size) and, sometimes, particular settings that can be given to the X-Program at its very first execution (or after cleaning the \User\ProgramName folder).
Let me suggest you, indeed, to use separate launchers and not an unique launcher. We tried the "single-launcher" structure some times ago, and, after having some troubles (for particular softwares, and also for multiple X-Programs executions), we decided that the best choice could be to have "a-launcher-per-program" structure, as the current wPP packs have. Think also that the prizes of pendrives were becoming very cheap (becoming sizes huge...), that this solution is better maintainable and you can understand very well because the single launcher does not worth any further effort.
Best Regards
ZioZione
P.S. this thread has been moved in the English forum, for better readability and order
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF