Signup
Links
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Automatic Updating of Portable and X Softwares

Author Post
mrpenguin227
Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 01:24
Registered Member #39376

I wish to see automatic updates being added since it is a pain to go into every application and click check for updates. I am suggesting this built into winPenPack Menu so only one button to press. Update all Softwares.
Taf
Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 10:06

Registered Member #251
Hi misterpengin227,
actually we are working on this direction with the new launcher.
Please, be patient for a while!
The new x-launcher is growing up better and better. Actually we are testing a semi-automatic update and it works quite fine.

so, stay tuned and see U soon

[ Edited Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 18:11 ]
ZioZione
Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:29

Registered Member #74
Hi mrpenguin227,
mrpenguin227 wrote ...

I wish to see automatic updates being added since it is a pain to go into every application and click check for updates. I am suggesting this built into winPenPack Menu so only one button to press. Update all Softwares.

as said by Taf, a new release of the WinPenPack menu will be next released with a such functionality.
But please note that it will be an updates checker, not an automatic updater, because is very difficult, for us, to update automatically software other than X-Software. So we preferred to deal with a tool that helps user to choose what and when update... We believe that this could satisfy the majority of our users...
Best Regards
ZioZione

Moderators: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF