X-OpenOffice problem report

Autore Messaggio
JackL
mar 18 set 2007 - 17:32
Utente registrato #6127
Registrato il: mar 18 set 2007 - 16:36

Hi,
opening 2.0.0.3 X-OpenOffice I saw following comunicate:

(not sure if you see that: "configuration data at file///X-OpenOffice/Bin/OpenOffice/share/uno_packages/cache/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/StarModuleWindowState.xcu is corrupted. Without this data some functions my not operate corectly."

Any Idea what it can mean?
I found StarModuleWindowState.xcu on the net but even after creation of all this folders (originally it ends with cache which is empty) and putting the file in, the communicate still apeared.
thanks in advance

Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
mar 18 set 2007 - 18:19

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Welcome to winPenpack
In X-OpenOffice_2.3.0\Bin\OpenOffice\share\uno_packages\cache directory I have not any file.
Did you try to delete registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend/registry/data/
org/openoffice/Office/UI/StarModuleWindowState.xcu ?
Your SO is in english?

[ Modificato mar 18 set 2007 - 18:20 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
Peter G
mar 18 set 2007 - 18:25

Utente registrato #5718
Registrato il: mar 14 ago 2007 - 21:38
Just an idea:

OOo has - I think in general - problems with "long" directory paths .......

Your error-message is remembering me to problems I had ......

How long is the directory path - what means, how many directories/subdirectories are between C: and the place where you have placed X-Openoffice ?

From a certain "lenght" and number of subdirectories, OOo is unable to work ......
Torna ad inizio pagina
Taf
mar 18 set 2007 - 19:13

Utente registrato #251
Registrato il: lun 22 gen 2007 - 10:12
Hi JackL,
I think Peter G, is on the right way.
I had a similar issue in the past (long time ago) with a OOO (not portable) installed in a Long paht subdir.
I don't remember at all wich was the alert message......

But also Danix is right!
Also my "X-OpenOffice/Bin/OpenOffice/share/uno_packages/cache/" folder is completely empty!
During program use the right pathname MUST be:
"X-OpenOffice\User\OpenOffice\user\uno_packages\cache\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\registry\"
but also this one in my version is completely empty
so, this is a strange behaviour.

Let us know if You solve the problem.
Torna ad inizio pagina
JackL
mer 19 set 2007 - 10:07
Utente registrato #6127
Hi Guys,
I think the missunderstunding occured - in my X-OpenOffice also cache folder was empty but at first running attached above comunicate rised so my first idea as that my zip archive lost rest of the folders from communicated path - unfortunately there was no .xcu files in ziped package - then I created myself rest of the requested folders and found xcu file on the net - but the same comunicate is shown still at every running.
My suspition is that there should be some call to this .xcu document inside OO, but I'm not a coder to find it outside of GUI options tool
I hope I clarified a litle bit the situation - any Idea of the resolution?
Anybody had the same issue?
Torna ad inizio pagina
JackL
mer 19 set 2007 - 12:26
Utente registrato #6127
Hi again,
I am pleased to annonce that mentioned problem dissapeared after moving app from c onto pendrive - there should be seed of truth in information above about OO problems with long paths, however it still do not explained it's call to .xcu file
- perhaps it could be reasonable to check the issue and to get know what a mysterious file reffer to?
best regards
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF