<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Linux and MAC

Vai a pagina   <<      
Autore Messaggio
jlajla
sab 14 giu 2008 - 02:11
Utente registrato #11035
Registrato il: sab 10 mag 2008 - 02:31
Not interested I guess. I understand. I'll keep you informed anyhow. I will put up an expanded list of what works and what doesn't when I get a chance.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
dom 15 giu 2008 - 11:36

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi jlajla,
please don't intend our silence for absence of interest...
Simply, we are so busy with Windows versions that we have no time for deal with Linux compatibility... But if you want, of course, you are welcome for any hint or suggestions about using winPenPack on Linux.
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
jlajla
dom 15 giu 2008 - 21:48
Utente registrato #11035
I understand competely. You have your hands full now. I have now gotten many of your apps to run perfectly and I will post a list soon. I currently have 74 apps running seamlessly on Linux, Mac, and Windows. Not all are winPenPack of course. I will post the whole list if you ask otherwise just the winPenPack programs. I would like to continue to push on the winPenPack programs though since I believe you to have the best approach after Thinstall and that is very expensive. If can I just get a wee bit of help now and then I think that will do. I am currently very frustrated over my inability to get Opera spellcheck to work in Wine when it works fine in Windows. No other app has a similar singular problem with just one registry entry. They usually either work or not. I will keep pounding on it and let you know. Thanks for all your great work which makes this effort possible in the first place.
Torna ad inizio pagina
rbon
mar 17 giu 2008 - 08:30
Utente registrato #4134
Registrato il: sab 14 apr 2007 - 11:42
jlajla wrote...
Opera spellcheck (won't) work in Wine when it works fine in Windows...

I suggest You these web pages:
1. Opera spellchecker support -Link-
Opera spellchecker work with GNU Aspell: You can find info for Linux and Mac.
2. You can find Wine support at Frank's Corner -Link- , specially on the Wine support page:
-Link-
3. are You sure that Aspell is supported from Wine?
You can browse in Wine AppDB at -Link- and search for 'Aspell' (I don't have found Aspell).
4. finally You can try with X-Notepad++ (Aspell) 4.9.2. (rev4) in winPenPack Download page: -Link-
this editor work, with a plug-in, with and installed copy of Aspell (for Windows).
Best regards
Torna ad inizio pagina
jlajla
mer 18 giu 2008 - 01:21
Utente registrato #11035
Thanks rbon for these great suggestions. The first three I have looked into but I hadn't thought about the fourth one even though Notepad++ is where I got Aspell in the first place I am not using Notepad ++.
I shall try it now.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Vai a pagina   <<      
Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF