Utente registrato #1Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
|Portabilization request procedure|
(last revision: 05.11.2010)
- When it is allowed to ask a portabilization: winPenPack interest, in the viewpoint of development and diffusion of free portable software, aims primarily open source software (GPL, LGPL, MPL, MIT, etc..), and, in particular cases, acts also on Freeware programs, protabilized upon respective authors authorization (to exclusive discretion of development Team). Since for licence reasons changes on Freeware software are not allowed, the request must regard exclusively programs released under open source licences , otherwise it will be moved to "Programs that CAN'T be made portable" forum section.
- Launchers for Freeware programs: it is not allowed to instert the .ini code of X-Launcher to portabilize Freeware programs in forum threads, neither is admitted to attach complete launchers with or without an associated Freeware program.
- Particular cases: if the request concerns Freeware programs considered particularly significant, the winPenPack Team will send a specific request to its author, in order to obtain approval for portabilization. In this case, the code for the Freeware program and instructions on how portabilize it will be published. In some cases, the launcher will be released in "X-Software launchers"download section.
- Search : before submitting each request it is necessary to search in web site in order to verify if it has been already done or if the program has been already made portable.
- Portability check (optional for requests): to support the development Team, expert users can verify the portability of requested applications, following these indications (point 3).
- Programs that require .Net: it is allowed the portabilization request of .Net Framework based programs.
- Programs that require Java: it is allowed the portabilization request of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) based programs.
- Request: requests must be reported in Portabilization requests" Forum section, in the same way of signallings submitted in "Software submission", by opening a new thread for each program. They must be made providing as much information as possible about the program, above all the licence under which it is released, and using the following scheme:
[Category] Software name (WITHOUT software version)
Software name: software name and software version in bold
Direct Link to download: direct link
File size: expressed in Mb or Kb, i.e. 12,59 Mb
Author name: program author
Author website: URL of web site author
Description: a short description in English or in Italian, possibly with the indication of the source of information. Note: it is mandatory to report the source of information when the description is not an original writing; when it is copied from the website of the software author, it is enough to specify "(description from software website)".
Portable tips how-to: possible modality of program extraction or portabilization
Version: program version
License: Freeware, Freeware for non commercial use, GNU General Public License, etc..
Screenshot: optional, max-width: 500 pixel
Scheme to be copied and completed compiling the relative fields:
[b]Direct Link to download[/b]:
[b]Portable tips how-to[/b]:
[ Modificato ven 05 nov 2010 - 20:51 ]