<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
X-ConTEXT licence

Autore Messaggio
beanie
mar 21 lug 2009 - 03:03
Utente registrato #34208
Registrato il: mar 21 lug 2009 - 01:53

Hello,

I am the author of a freeware software product called ConTEXT. One of our forum members has been kind enough to create a portable version of our software using winPenPack.

I have copied the files to our servers and made it available to our visitors. I have included this message underneath the link: "The Portable Version is powerd by winPenPack". Is this suitable to cover the licence agreement?

Please see: -Link-

Many Thanks,
David Hadley

[ Modificato mer 22 lug 2009 - 01:33 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
mer 22 lug 2009 - 01:29

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Welcome to winPenPack, beanie.

First of all I wish to thank you for using and redistributing the ConTEXT portable version based on winPenPack platform.

I have noticed that the splash screen has been disabled (you don't like it? ) and other small modifications have been made.

You are in agreement with the winPenPack License Agreement, but, since you ask us an opinion, we would prefer that the package (Portable_ConTEXT.zip) keep the original name "X-ConTEXT_0.98.5_rev2.zip", for greater clarity to the users, where "X-" identifies all portable softwares based on winPenPack platform (called X-Softwares), "X.XX.X" is the ConTEXT version and "revX" is the INI file revision used for the launcher.

Because the changes are very few (for example, in order to change the language to English you could simply use the X-ConTEXT.ini file included in "English_users" folder), can I ask you why you have not decided to use and redistribute directly the X-ConTEXT version that we have made?

[ Modificato mer 22 lug 2009 - 01:42 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
beanie
mer 22 lug 2009 - 04:38
Utente registrato #34208
Hello Danix,

The download file has been renamed to: 'X-ConTEXT_0.98.5_rev2.zip' as you have suggested.

I changed the default ini setting to English as most of the visitors to our site speak this language.

The splash screen was disabled so that ConTEXT loaded just as it does normally from a hard drive. If you want me to enable it again, I can.

This is the 1st time I have used a winPenPack setup before, im more than welcome to suggestions!!!

Hope that answers your questions.

Many Thanks,
David Hadley
Torna ad inizio pagina
charlesott
mer 22 lug 2009 - 16:26
Utente registrato #34271
Registrato il: mar 21 lug 2009 - 18:19
This is great! I've been using Context for years, and while Notepad++ is a perfectly good editor, it's not the same. I'm glad to get back to Context. Thanks, David!
-- Chuck Ott, USA
Torna ad inizio pagina
beanie
gio 23 lug 2009 - 12:14
Utente registrato #34208
Hi Chuck,

Im glad you like ConTEXT. We are now an Open Source Project.

It would be great if you wouldnt mind testing that Portable ConTEXT is working ok?

Many Thanks,
David Hadley
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF