<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
F-PROT Antivirus - Reports Virus

Autore Messaggio
beanie
gio 31 dic 2009 - 02:59
Utente registrato #34208
Registrato il: mar 21 lug 2009 - 01:53

Hello,

I have a portable version of my windows software that has been created with winPenPack. It is available for download from my product website: -Link-

Today I have received an email from somebody saying that F-PROT Antivirus shows it to contain a virus. So I have downloaded the antivirus software and ran a scan, the results are:

[Found downloader] <W32/Downldr2.IKVX (exact, not disinfectable)> C:\Documents and Settings\Beanie\Desktop\X-ConTEXT_0.98.6_rev1.zip->X-ConTEXT.exe
[Contains infected objects] C:\Documents and Settings\Beanie\Desktop\X-ConTEXT_0.98.6_rev1.zip
[Quarantined] C:\Documents and Settings\Beanie\Desktop\X-ConTEXT_0.98.6_rev1.zip->X-ConTEXT.ini

Is this an error with F-PROT Antivirus?

Many Thanks,
David Hadley
-eMail-

[ Modificato gio 31 dic 2009 - 03:00 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
zandet2
gio 31 dic 2009 - 09:33

Utente registrato #3184
Registrato il: mar 06 mar 2007 - 11:52
Hi Beanie/David,
this seems to be a classical "false positive".

I made a scan of X-ConTEXT_0.98.6_rev1.zip on VirusTotal, and the only result was F-Prot and Authentium; all the other services doesn't report anything as you can see...

Best regards
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
gio 31 dic 2009 - 10:32

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi beanie,
I agree with zandet2, it is surely a "false positive".
Unfortunately, some antiviruses (like my Comodo Antivirus, that also today alerted me about X-Context.exe) prefer to recognize the signature of AutoIt programs (the language that all X-Launchers are made with) as viruses, indeed of searching deeply for real viruses. We are trying to signal as much false positive as possible, but is not so easy...
Thank you again for choosing winPenPack!
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF