Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
Association problem of X-Cafe

Autore Messaggio
itcwlt
ven 03 set 2010 - 04:36
Utente registrato #38565
Registrato il: dom 18 apr 2010 - 12:33

I found that association of x-cafe would only be effective when I am using built-in windows explorer. I installed winzip and ms office in my pc. After I turn on winpenpack and x-cafe, zip file and doc file would be opened by x-7zip and x-openoffice if I clicked the zip/doc file in windows explorer.

However, if I click zip/doc file with other file explorer such as X-muCommander or Q-Dir. The x-cafe do not take effect. Zip file will open by winzip and doc file will open by ms office rather than x-7zip and x-openoffice.

Is there any solutions to solve the problem?
Torna ad inizio pagina
tomcat
ven 03 set 2010 - 09:59

Utente registrato #14168
Registrato il: ven 10 ott 2008 - 11:44
Hi itcwlt, welcome on our forum. For your issue you can try the following: right click on the file you want to open (don't double-click on it) and select "Open with", browse to the wPP program you want to use, select it and select the option "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Now when you double-click on that kind of file it should be opened with the wPP application you intend to use.
But a word of WARNING: I'm quite sure that this method write some kind of info into the Registry . So you have to evaluate if you can accept this "side-effect" or not: if you cannot then I'm not able to help you anymore. Someone with a deeper knowledge of wPP architecture should continue this topic.

Have a nice day.

Tomcat
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
ven 03 set 2010 - 12:26

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi itcwlt, welcome to our forum!
I think that there could be a solution for your problem.
Cafe (and so X-Cafe) uses a particular configuration switch for using it through some programs other than Windows Explorer. If you read the X-Cafe documentation -Link- you can find at point 14 that you can double click a file with extension managed by X-Cafe also from within FreeCommander (but also TotalCommander or other file managers). All you need is to find the handle of the file manager window. Some examples are:

"ahk_class TfcForm" --> FreeCommander handle
"ahk_class TTntFormUltraExplorer.UnicodeClass" --> UltraExplorer handle
"ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD" --> TotalCommander handle

The simplest method I know to find the correct handle of a program is to execute AU3_Spy.exe (from AutoHotkey installation) and click on the window of your file manager.
You can use X-Cafe from within more than one file manager; is enough to add all handles in a comma-delimited list. For example:

"fenetresadditionnelles=ahk_class TfcForm, ahk_class TTntFormUltraExplorer.UnicodeClass"

Hope this helps.
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina
itcwlt
sab 04 set 2010 - 03:21
Utente registrato #38565
Registrato il: dom 18 apr 2010 - 12:33
tomcat, ZioZione, thanks for all of your help.

I tried the method of ZioZione's and it works fine. Thanks very much.
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF