<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
develop german-x-software

Autore Messaggio
go4unkwn
dom 05 set 2010 - 11:03
Utente registrato #39221
Registrato il: dom 05 set 2010 - 09:49

hello

first of all: sorry for my english skills.

i'm a teacher and responsible for the it equipment at our school. til now all our students got a usb flash dirve to store their data. now i have in mind - because usb flash drives get faster and cheaper - to use the usb flash drives as the place to install software.

but i would really prefer x-software in the german language. therefor my question.
what is easier to do: take an official x-software from your website and replace all the language files or to download for example a german openoffice an modify it to your x-software standard.

hint: i'm not a programmer but i have some windows and unix knowledge.

kind regards.
Torna ad inizio pagina
Danix
dom 05 set 2010 - 22:17

Utente registrato #1
Registrato il: ven 29 dic 2006 - 05:38
Welcome to winPenPack, go4unkwn!

Almost all winPenPack programs have the german translation, then just change it from the options of each program.
For the others, such as Firefox, read in this page:

Before starting X-Firefox, please download your preferred localized version of Mozilla Firefox from mozilla.org and move it to \Lib\Mozilla\Firefox\setup_en\ directory, deleting or overwriting the preexisting one. Then execute X-Firefox.exe to start X-Firefox in your native language.

For X-OpenOffice.org, read "X-OpenOffice.org 3 in your native language" here.
Torna ad inizio pagina
Sito Web
go4unkwn
mer 08 set 2010 - 18:17
Utente registrato #39221
Registrato il: dom 05 set 2010 - 09:49
hello Danix.

Thank's a lot for your help!! I now understand a little bit more about x-Software.

But in the meantime I have another question, that has something to do with the language settings and folder structure of winpenpack.

I try to change the language settings in x-Screamer-Radio; after a restart it falls back to default (IT).
I found some settings in the corresponding configuration file x-Screamer.ini, that I don't fully understand:

FileCopy=$Temp$\x-default|$ExeDir$\screamer.xml
FileMove=$ExeDir$\languages\lang.italian.xml.bak|$ExeDir$\languages\lang.italian.xml.bak

I can find the folder languages in the folder screamer. Therefore I think $ExeDir$ means folder screamer.
But i couldn't find lang.italian.xml.bak in the folder languages.
Second, which folder means $Temp$. I couldn't find the x-default file.
Third, when I comment out both lines and change the language setting in x-Screamer-Radio it falls back to IT nevertheless.

I have studied your manual "X-Launcher - The Universal Launcher!". But some additional help from you would be really appreciated.

kind regards, go4unkwn.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
mer 08 set 2010 - 21:45

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi go4unknw, welcome to our forum!
I think that the easier way to reach your goal is the following:

1) Unzip from scratch the X-Screamer archive in a folder of your choice

2) Open X-Screamer.ini with your preferred editor and comment (i.e. prefix with ";" character) the following line
<<RE>>|0=(<LanguageFile type="string">).*(</LanguageFile>)<<RE>>$1languages\\lang.italian.xml$2

3) Run X-Screamer.exe; from within the options, change the language to "German"

From now on, X-Screamer will open in German language.
A more definitive way (but more complicated) is to recompile the launcher; see here -Link- for details. Let us if you need other hints.
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF