<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
empty wPP-Pack and x-Cafe

Autore Messaggio
JCL
mar 13 lug 2010 - 00:41

Utente registrato #39110
Registrato il: sab 10 lug 2010 - 12:54

and again --> hello to all,

I try to use the wPP not only as portable-menu-packs - I want to use them also stationary - means the user has 2 wPP packs - 1 at home an 1 to roam including a auto update for vital data between them.

because of this I would like to create a base-pack holding no portable software and a x-Cafe that will apply to it.

question is - I have searched the online documentation and found nothing about x-cafe - and the options of the program are not enlightening to me either - as I said - I'm rather new with wPP.

another question is - is there any good argument against using wPP as stationary menu ?

finally:
1.) is there a empty wPP as described somewhere around
2.) is there a documentation for X_Cafe
3.) arguments against stationary use

thanks for any reply

Torna ad inizio pagina
tomcat
mar 13 lug 2010 - 09:59

Utente registrato #14168
Registrato il: ven 10 ott 2008 - 11:44
Hi again JCL, answers in numeric order:

1) Here you can download the wPP launcher alone (the "empty wPP" you mention)

2) Here you can find the X-cafè documentation (english version). You didn't find this doc in the Documentation section because... it's not there, but in the "Resources/Internal" section...

3) No argument against stationary use: it's the same use I do with wPP, in order to avoid the mess of program install/uninstall when I need a program just once a year or so. It's very difficult having a need that can't be satisfied from the wPP program list: from authoring a DVD to listening music, to writing a document or preparing a presentation or... And, again, no argument against having more than one wPP running at the same time (e.g. wPP 2GB and wPP Game); only somme difficulties in distinguishing them because they share the same icon.

Cheers.

Tomcat

Torna ad inizio pagina
Taf
mar 13 lug 2010 - 10:03

Utente registrato #251
Registrato il: lun 22 gen 2007 - 10:12
Hi JCL,
Tomcat was faster than me...

I was collecting same infos, but in the mean time Tomcat had already posted them.

Anyway, in the future, please try to use the search option in "advanced mode" You will find in the left side menu...

-Link-

...have a nice reading

[ Modificato mar 13 lug 2010 - 10:04 ]
Torna ad inizio pagina
tomcat
mar 13 lug 2010 - 10:08

Utente registrato #14168
Registrato il: ven 10 ott 2008 - 11:44
JCL, regarding point 3, when I spoke aboout difficulties in distinguishing between two or more wPPs running 'cause they use the same icon... you can change the icon in this way:

* browse to ...\User\winpenpack_launcher\icons subdirectory (in the wPP tree)
* replace the icon named "0.ico" (the USB pendrive shaped icon) with one of your choice
* restart wPP; the new icon will appear in the tray area (if you choose to show the tray icon, obviously...)

Have fun with wPP

Tomcat
Torna ad inizio pagina
JCL
mar 13 lug 2010 - 18:53

Utente registrato #39110
Registrato il: sab 10 lug 2010 - 12:54
HI tomcat.
HI taf

thanks for the quick and efficent answers !

got something to work on now

have fun !
Torna ad inizio pagina
Taf
mar 13 lug 2010 - 19:20

Utente registrato #251
Registrato il: lun 22 gen 2007 - 10:12
YW JCL!
for any other issue feel free to post here (after a good search into the site archive... )

And, of course, if You have some good remarks or user feedback, please share them with us!
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF