Link
<< Discussione precedente | Discussione successiva >>   
AutoRun Not Working

Autore Messaggio
terrym
dom 22 mag 2011 - 19:52
Utente registrato #39881
Registrato il: dom 22 mag 2011 - 13:06

I have created a personal edition of winPenPack on a pendrive. It's working great apart from the fact that AutoRun doesn't work. When I insert the pendrive in USB socket I get the Windows popup window asking me what I want to do eg. Open folder to view files. This happens in XP and Windows 7. When I run winPenPackNet.exe it strats up fine. Is it possible to get winPenPack to start automatically when pendrive is inserted. I do have autorun.inf in F:\. The text shown is
[autorun]
action=WinPenPack!
Open=winPenPackNet.exe
icon=winpenpack\User\winpenpack_launcher\icons\pen.ico

Any solution would be appreciated.
Torna ad inizio pagina
ZioZione
lun 23 mag 2011 - 13:44

Utente registrato #74
Registrato il: dom 21 gen 2007 - 11:31
Hi terrym, welcome to our forum!
terrym ha scritto ...

I have created a personal edition of winPenPack on a pendrive. It's working great apart from the fact that AutoRun doesn't work. When I insert the pendrive in USB socket I get the Windows popup window asking me what I want to do eg. Open folder to view files. This happens in XP and Windows 7. When I run winPenPackNet.exe it strats up fine. Is it possible to get winPenPack to start automatically when pendrive is inserted. I do have autorun.inf in F:\. The text shown is
[autorun]
action=WinPenPack!
Open=winPenPackNet.exe
icon=winpenpack\User\winpenpack_launcher\icons\pen.ico

Any solution would be appreciated.

regarding your problem, please keep in mind that Windows 7 no more allow to autorun pendrives (this has been added for security issues); this means that, under Windows 7, you MUST explicitly execute winPenPackNet.exe.
For XP you must be sure that the suite resides in the root of the pendrive (i.e. if your pendrive is F:\, you must have "F:\winPenPack" folder and "F:\winPenPackNet.exe" executable); then try to delete the autorun.inf file and unplug-replug the pendrive: this should create a new autorun.inf file, so that, from this moment on, you could have automatic execution of winPenPackNet.exe.
If, after that, you already have problems, please read the documentation, and in particular here -Link- .
Let us know if this fixes!
Best Regards
ZioZione
Torna ad inizio pagina

Moderatori: Danix, Taf, Rcs, Energy, zandet2, ZioZione, Admin, LordJim60

Salta:     Torna ad inizio pagina

RSS discussione: rss 0.92 RSS discussione: rss 2.0 RSS discussione: RDF